Disability Support Care was established to
- Lead efforts to enhance the community inclusion of people with disabilities, their families and carers, and support the implementation of National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- Provide personalised and quality services to people from diverse cultural backgrounds and their families
- Focus on translating existing evidence into information and planning to support ongoing improvements in the lives of people with disabilities.
- Provide a nurturing and friendly and supportive environment which encourages development, and thus allow for families and carers to have a much-needed break
To be an innovative disability services organization with strategic focus, Disability Support Care will establish its foundation and grow by raising the bar in terms of professionalism, innovation, agility and responsiveness.
Respect – is the foundation of all human relationships. There is something special about every one of us,regardless of age, ability, status or background.
Connectedness – is about all-inclusive, linking people with disabilities with their families, and wider community organisations. We are a diverse community; young and old, from diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
Accountability to everyone – we will be relevant, transparent, responsive and accessible to our stakeholders.
Innovation – we will encourage fresh thinking, strive for continuous improvement in our services and useevidence to support ongoing improvements in the lives of people with disabilities.
Quality and Professionalism – we will maintain high standards of quality services and governance
Supporting and enhancing the wellbeing of the people with disabilities in the Victoria’s metro regions by providing excellent support and care for individuals and families.
Keys to Success
Deliver client-centric services with the aim of establishing and maintaining strong connections and relationships between our clients and their families with the wider community.
Disability Support Care is set up on the principles of customer centricity and connectedness. We
deliver services to people with disabilities under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Our customer- centric service model and focus on connecting our clients with the wider community will make us unique from our competition. Our primary goal is to provide services of utmost standards to our clients, empower them to integrate into the wider community and create a work culture where workers feel motivated to put in their best efforts with an organisation that is financially and compliantly
Products and Services
We are registering with NDIA and DHHS to deliver the following services:
- Operate group activity centres
- Assistance with personal activities and travelling
- Assistance with and doing daily tasks around client’s home
- Connect and enable clients’ participation with the community, friends and family members
- Assist clients with maintaining and finding employment (including specialist supports)
- Assist with life stage transitioning and developing practical life skillsets
- Support co-ordination
- Plan management